Monday, January 17, 2011

Baby Steps and Weight Loss

I took a big step and stepped on the scale this morning. It's a big deal because I haven't stepped on a scale since my 6 week post-partum (after-baby for the uninitiated) doctor's appointment and even then I didn't look at the numbers.

After the baby was born, I just didn't really care about weight. I don't like fixating on weight while nursing, because I have a slight paranoia about weight loss interfering with my milk supply. I know, I know - can you say big, fat excuse? As Owen nears a year, I feel like it is time to start thinking about my body again and getting back into shape.

This time around I have a game plan of gradual healthy changes that hopefully become habits. For instance, my modest goal for this week is to ditch sugary soft drinks and drink lots of water.

I think I am going to set today as my starting point and Mondays as my update day. I am not ready to let everyone know what my scale said this morning, but I will get there! It looked something like this... 1##.5 lbs. It is my secret for now - hehehe! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment