Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Puddles No More!



As many of you know, I have been struggling for some time with trying to keep a diaper on Jacob.

I have gotten many great suggestions. One of the best was to put his diaper on backwards. This worked great for about an hour... then the smart little guy figured out how to reach back there and take off the tabs.

Then I decided that I would just have to keep him in pants all the time. It did not take him long to learn how to pull down his pants and take his diaper off.

We have hard floors (no carpet) so the little puddles left everywhere were not a big deal - I would just wipe them up. I even caught Jacob a couple times going to the bathroom to get a towel to clean up his own mess! hahaha - unbelievable!

The big problem was when he would take the diaper off in the middle of the night and poop in his bed. I won't give you all the details, but it was very gross and happened pretty frequently.

Finally! I have found a solution! A friend gave Jacob some underwear (thanks Danielle). Jacob loved them. They made him feel like a big kid. So in my infinite mom wisdom ;) I got an idea... Jacob LOVES Thomas the Train. I picked up some Thomas underwear. He wears the Thomas underwear over his diaper. He doesn't want to take off his Thomas underpants so he leaves the diaper alone! So far it has worked like a charm. Why didn't I think of this months ago??? Aren't they cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment