Monday, June 8, 2009

Bicentennial Trail

We rode bikes on the Bicentennial Trail in Ashland City yesterday. It is a great place to ride or walk. It is mostly shaded and cool thanks to its proximity to the Cumberland River.


It is part of the "Rails to Trails" program where old railroad tracks are being converted to walking trails for public use.


Abby rode her bike for 4+ miles! The more she rides, the stronger and faster she is getting. Also, she had no crashes! Yay!


Jacob rode in the bike trailer. I pulled him with my bike. He did pretty well but did not like it when I stopped or stood up on the bike.





We had a great time, but man my butt is sore! I forgot how painful bike riding can be! hahaha!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun. I've thought about getting a bike trailer for M & E to ride in. That's unbelievable that Abby rode for 4 miles!! Wow. Great to see you guys had a nice time doing something active outdoors. Looks like a wonderful time. We went to Dale Hollow Lake Sunday/ Monday. It was nice.

    ReplyDelete