Thursday, April 30, 2009

Try This With Your Kids!

I found a great book on the sale rack at Barnes and Noble. It is called "the big book of HAPPY, 500 Games and Activities for ages 2 to 6" by Michelle Kennedy. Among other things it has some great science experiments for little kids. Being a scientist at heart (I have a Bachelor's in Biology with a minor in Chemistry), I particularly enjoy these with my kids.

Abby's favorite is "Milky Rainbows". It is super easy and it keeps her busy for at least 30 minutes.
Pour a little milk into a small plate or saucer.
Drop a few drops of food coloring into the milk.
Give your child a small cup of soap solution and a toothpick.
Have them dip the toothpick into the soap then into the milk.


Please excuse the bizarre background noise in the video - Jacob was grilling on his play kitchen while I was demonstrating - hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment