Thursday, April 23, 2009

Puddles

Yesterday the kids were playing with the hose making puddles. Jacob slipped and fell in the mud. My initial reaction was to scold my husband for laughing. But, after I saw Jacob, I realized that I owed my hubby an apology. Sorry babe - I get it now!

Afterward, I reflected on the fact that we ran for the camera as soon as we saw Jacob's face. I have dozens, if not hundreds, of pictures of my kids messy and very few of them spic and span. Why is it that messes are so photo-worthy? The only thing that I can figure out is that aside from being funny, messes are an integral part of childhood. Only a child is fascinated by the goopiness of mud and finderpaint. Only a child thinks that spaghetti tastes better once it has been rubbed in your hair. For children, messes are not only fun, but a learning experience.

1 comment: