Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another one bites the dust...


The world has lost another "Jacobism" and I am really bummed about it.

First, "Na" became "Mom". I had mixed feelings about it. I loved "Na" and knew I would miss it because it was Jacob's word for me. I was glad to hear some progression in his speech, though.

Then "Gee" became "Gammy". More progression. Of course I realize that this is a wonderful thing.

Last night, Jacob and Josh were snuggling and watching tv on the sofa.

Josh: "I love you, Jacob."

I waited to hear Jacob's usual response. It is so sweet and my favorite Jacobism.

Jacob: "I love you, too, Dad."

I honestly felt my eyes well up with tears just a bit. That was not Jacob's usual response. His usual response has been "Love me, dad." This was totally new and unexpected.

Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke...

Me: "I love you, Jacob."

Jacob: "I love you, too, Mom." And another Jacobism bites the dust.


Jacob will probably be starting speech therapy soon and I guess I need to go ahead and prepare myself. Soon, more of those cute little things he says will gone. They will be just another example of how bittersweet parenthood can be.

1 comment:

  1. awww-I know how that is. new cute things are in your future though ;)

    ReplyDelete