Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sorry Jake and Owen...

Photobucket
It has recently come to my attention that I have done a terrible job keeping up with milestones for the boys.
Jacob had a speech evaluation yesterday. On the information form, you are asked to include developmental milestones. I thought I would be able to fill those in easily because I had his baby book with me. Not so - it became painfully apparent to me that there were a lot of blank spaces in that book. I had to guess and estimate several milestones.
Owen's baby book is even worse. I don't think I have entered ANYTHING in it. Eeeek! I am hoping that between facebook and my memory I can get caught up. I also took him for his 6 month portrait today. The bad thing is that he is 7 months old!
I don't understand why keeping up with these little things is so difficult for me. Abby's book has pages of acheivements - some which are even questionable as achievments! I used to take Abby for portraits on the day of her turning 3 months, 6 months, etc. **Sigh** My poor boys... I am just hoping that they won't care. After all, I have looked at my baby book often, but I know my brother has never really looked at his. Just to be on the safe side, I might make up some entries for the boys' books. Shhhh... just don't tell them. That doesn't make me a terrible mother does it? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Lol, you are a great mom. So glad to see you are blogging again. I haven't done anything in Matthew's scrapbook since he was first born. Ella has a few scrapbooks full of beautiful pages. It's terrible, but the more you have, the less time you have. Maybe we'll get all caught up by the time they're teens and lock themselves in their rooms with phones and radios for days at a time??

    ReplyDelete